Mythos provides reference to the legends that were told throughout mankind, stories about gods and demons, weird creatures, amazing adventures, about heroes – or ordinary people turning out to be heroes – and the ‘good and bad’ that goes around our planet Earth.
These stories are a wonderful source of inspiration and a great joy, not only for us in Mythos, but for many throughout Second Life. To celebrate this beautiful legacy, we invite you to:
Everybody is invited to submit their entries during the month of June, consisting of a picture and title with small dialog. In July, once the exposition with entries is set up at the Mythos’ Gallery, you’ll be able to vote for your favorite pictures.
SO … THIS IS WHAT IT IS ABOUT:
This is how it works and how you can participate as a photographer / model:
- STEP 1: GET THE FREE POSES PACK
Visit the Mythos Welcome Center and hit the pose-giver to get a *free* pack of couple poses; 2 couple and 2 three-some poses. The poses come with preset-names, to indicate what is seen.
- STEP 2: TEAM UP WITH 1 OR 2 FRIENDS, AND PICK A POSE
The pack contains two couple and two threesome poses that represent ‘legendary scenes’. Team up with a friend – or two friends – and try them out. Pick the pose you like most. (You have to use the given poses; It is not allowed to replace them with other poses).
- STEP 3: CHOOSE A SETTING (*)
Wander around in Mythos and choose a suitable spot for the pose and dress in style, i.e. mythology, ancient cultures (f.e. oriental, Persian, Greek, Roman, Maya, etc), early medieval (f.e. King Arthur legends) or fantasy (angels & demons, Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones, etc.). Naked is allowed. Adding attribute(s) in line with the theme is allowed. Adding poses & more avatars to your couple/tripple-pose is allowed.
(*) Note 1: If you’re new to Mythos, please visit the Mythos Welcome Center and click the Information-statue to get notecards with landmarks to public spots on Mythos; get your free toga there as well, and feel free to explore Mythos dressed in style.
(*) Note 2: if you need a tag for rezzing on Mythos to add an attribute to the scene, please contact David Aquillius (username: davidarof denimore – info at the end of this blog).
- STEP 4: TAKE YOUR PICTURES
The result of your photo shooting should be a texture that is ‘copy’ and ‘modify’. Embellishment or upgrading of your photo – i.e. using f.e. SL windlight or Photoshop to create a creative masterpiece – will be appreciated but is not mandatory,
(!) Important note: The individual that submits the entry will be treated as the participant – and potential winner – of the contest; the others in the picture will be named as models. Each participant is allowed to send in max. two entries.
- STEP 5: ADD A TITLE AND SMALL DIALOG
Create a new (*) notecard and write a little testimony of what is seen & said on the picture. The notecard contains:
- User names of all the models.
- A title for the picture.
- A small dialog, i.e. two to four or five lines (**) that form a small dialog between the models, and describe what we are witnessing in the picture.
(*) New, so we can identify the owner / participant.
(**) It is allowed to let your imagination run freely, you don’t have to respect the pre-given name to the pose, you’re free to change the title and be creative, or in other words … anything ‘goes’ 🙂
Enjoy and have fun together, creating your ‘story’!
- STEP 6 (and final step): SUBMIT YOUR ENTRY (*)
In Second Life, send your entry or entries and the notecard with the title, models and dialog to David Aquillius (username: davidarof denimore – info at the end of the blog). Send in your entry up/before July 1, 2019. Photos will be placed on a big canvas and exposed in July 2019 at the Morpheus’ Gallery of Dreams at Pegasus Landing at Mythos.
(*) Note: For the fun and quality of the event, only complete entries can be accepted as entries.
The schedule for the event is as follows:
- June 2019: Create and send in your photo(s).
- July 2019: Exposition at Morpheus’ Gallery of Dreams at Mythos
- August 2019: Announcing and awarding the winners at the beginning of the month.
STAY UP TO DATE
How to follow the event:
- In Second Life, please join the Mythos group (free to join). To join the group inworld, click on the light-blue Mythos logo at the Mythos Welcome Center.
- On Facebook: Mythos Second Life group.
- On Flickr: Mythos Second Life group.
GUIDELINES FOR PARTICIPATION
Make a picture that complies with these guidelines:
- Scene: The pose / models are the center of attention, and
- Setting: Somewhere on Mythos, and
- Creativity: Quality of the picture, the title and the dialog, in line with the theme of the event, and as outlined above (see: ‘what’s it about’-section above).
In July 2019, we will be inviting everybody to visit Morpheus’ Gallery of Dreams, to enjoy the pictures. This will also be an opportunity to vote for your favorite entry. Popular votes will make up half jury vote. A jury will decide on the final winner.
How to vote?
- Visit Morpheus’ Gallery of Dreams to chose your favorite photos.
- Create your Top 3 with the titles of your favorite pictures. Click on the photo to see the title, dialog and creator.
- Send a notecard with your Top 3 on/before before the end of July 2019 to: David Aquillius (username: davidarof denimore – info at the end of the blog).
(*) Note voting: Your number 1 will get 6 points, number 2 will get 3 points, and number 3 will get 1 point. You can vote only once. You cannot vote for the picture you’re in. You cannot vote for the same picture twice. You are allowed to send in one or two titles instead of three.
A jury will decide on the final winner, considering (a) popular vote and (b) guidelines for participation above. The jury consists of three members:
- Chance Dreamscape (chancedreamscape), founder Morpheus’ Gallery of Dreams.
- Sтαятєя Ɛνєηѕтαяя (starter232), pose maker.
- Ɗαvιd Aqυιllιυѕ (davidarof.denimore), event organizer.
Prize money is made available by Chance Dreamscape, founder of Morpheus’ Gallery of Dreams.
The prizes are:
- First: L$ 5,000
- Second: L$ 3,000
- Third: L$ 2,000
Winners will be notified and announced in the first week of August. We will also announce the winners in the Mythos Group in Second Life
(*) Note prizes: We aim to keep the event ‘light and fun’, which means:
- Jury members will not participate in the event.
- The votes will be accurately counted, but will not be made public.
- The outcome of the contest can not be disputed.
Thank you in advance for participating,
On behalf of the jury and sim owners of Mythos,
Your event organizer, who wishes you well,