Mythos – a realm in Second Life – provides a reference to mythology, to all the stories that were told throughout mankind, legends about gods and evil and strange creatures, amazing adventures about heroes – or common people turning out to be heroes – and the ‘good and bad’.
All these stories, of Persian, Maya, Chinese, Egyptian, Greek, Roman and Norse civilizations from all over Earth, forms an inspiring context for the creation of our lives in Mythos, and in Second Life in general.
To honor this legacy, we invite you all to play with the gods and devils in the “2018 Mythos Photo Contest“. Everybody is invited to participate, people from the Mythos community and friends from outside, to submit beautiful portrait pictures / paintings, that make reference to a mythological scene.
The pictures / paintings will be displayed at Morphues’ Gallery of Dreams at Mythos for all to see and enjoy. Pieces will be placed on a big canvas to show the details and be on display.
The schedule for the event is as follows:
- October 2018: Create and send in your photo(s) / painting(s).
- November 2018: Exposition at Morpheus’ Gallery of Dreams at Mythos.
- 1st week of December 2018: Announcing and awarding the winners.
STAY UP TO DATE
How to follow this event:
- In Second Life: Please join the Mythos group (free to join). To join, please visit the Mythos Welcome Center, and click on the light-blue Mythos logo.
- On Facebook, join the Mythos group.
- On Flickr, join the Mythos group.
- Through this Mythos blog (https://mythos-second-life.com/)
GUIDELINES FOR PARTICIPATION
Make a portrait picture (or painting) that complies with these 4 guidelines:
- Portrait: Avatar(s) and/or mythological creature(s) form the center of attention; nudity is allowed.
- Theme: Anything mythology related, for example a god, a creature, or you – or your model/muse – with a mythological creature, or with a mythological and/or ancient attribute.
- Setting: Show a lovely aspect of Mythos.
- Embellishment or upgrading of your photo / painting will be appreciated – but is not mandatory – i.e. using for example Second Life windlight or photo editing to create a creative masterpiece.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
A. SEND IN YOUR PIECE*
The conditions for sending in your photo(s) / painting(s) are:
- The piece is a texture that is ‘copy’ and ‘modify’ and it should have a title. (To make voting easier, we will put the title and the name of the creator with the photo / painting).
- Each participant is allowed to send in max. two pieces.
- In Second Life, send this texture and its’ title to: David Tertius Aquillius (user: davidarof denimore).
- Date: Send in your photo up/before October 31, 2018.
- Photos / paintings will be exposed in November 2018 at Morpheus’ Gallery of Dreams at Mythos, and at the Galleries at Spurt Beach and Wilde College.
* Note: if you need a tag for rezzing to create your scene on Mythos, please contact David Tertius Aquillius in Second Life (username: davidarof denimore).
During the month of November 2018, we will be stimulating family and friends to visit Morpheus Gallery of Dreams, to enjoy the results and see all pictures / paintings. This will also be an opportunity to vote for your favorite piece. Popular votes will make up 1 jury vote.
How to vote*:
- Visit Morpheus Gallery of Dreams during the month of November to chose your favorite photos.
- Create your Top 3 with the titles of your favorite pictures / paintings. Click on the photo to see the title and creator.
- Send a notecard with your Top 3 on/before before the end of November to: David Tertius Aquillius (username: davidarof denimore).
* Note: Your number 1 will get 6 points, number 2 will get 3 points, and number 3 will get 1 point. You can vote only once. You are allowed to send in only one title instead of three, but you cannot vote for the same photo / painting twice.
The jury consist of five members, each with the same amount of influence:
- Chance Dreamscape, founder of Morphues’ Gallery of Dreams.
- Ɗerek Lyons Vale Aquillius, one of the founding fathers & leaders of Mythos.
- Rosslyn Guardian, artist of Mythos.
- David Tertius Aquillius, organizer of the event.
- The peoples vote, the sum of the popular vote.
The awards will go to the photo / painting with the most points. The prizes are:
- First: L$ 6,000
- Second: L$ 3,000
- Third: L$ 1,500
The winners will be notified and announced in the first week of December.
* Note: we aim to make the event ‘light and fun’, which means:
– Jury members will not participate in the event.
– The votes will be accurately counted, but will not be made public.
– The outcome of the contest can not be disputed.